Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MBA Update

Matt Here.

A few of you have been constantly asking me if there is any new news about my school applications, which has forced me to avoid you in public and screen your phone calls. I hope that if I give a general update here, you will stop asking every time you see me and we can be friends again.

Last week I was invited down to Austin for an interview with the program director, and I nailed it. At the end he told me he thought I had a strong application and that he would be recommending me to the admissions committee, so I feel pretty good about that. I imagine I should hear back from them sometime in the next week or so. After the interview we spent some time checking out Austin and fell in love with the town, so here's to hoping.

I also finally got my ASU application in about two weeks ago, and when I called this week I was told that the admissions committee has my application and that I should hear back from them within the next week as well. Apparently they don't require an interview, so I won't need to travel for that. A buddy of mine told me that Phoenix isn't as blistering hot as everyone thinks and that I should stop being such a pansy, so maybe Arizona will be a great option as well.

So there it is, we're just playing the waiting game to get the final answers, unless the admissions committe has been watching any Bachelor lately, in which case they may find it entertaining to send exciting admissions papers to me only to call up later and let me know that they were wrong and that I'm really not a good fit, in which case I will promptly join another reality TV show with better ratings and dance my heart out just to show them up and prove to America that I really am hot.

On a related note, it appears as if UCLA is unaware of my existence and has better things to do than acknowledge me; like take my application money and run. That's cool, I guess.

2 comments:

KatieDid said...

I appreciate the update, now we can be friends! I'm so excited for you to possibly move south. That alone will make Christa very happy. I'm hearing great things about Austin and Phoenix. Saying a prayer and crossing my fingers!!

KatieDid said...

Also, it sounds like you're watching too much TV, hee hee.
Congrats on your admission to Arizona!!!! I love options! :)