Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chuck-E-Cheese & Update


We took Lexi to Chuck-E-Cheese last night. I forgot my camera, but they did have a photo booth and we managed to capture a great one of the fam! Lots and lots of fun was had by all!


And perhaps this will be one of our last outings as a family of 3. My Dr. said she'll induce me on Wednesday if I don't manage to pull something together before then. I'm not holding my breath, however I am thinking it's amazing that I can lay down in bed and count off contractions 2 mins apart for over an hour, and still not show any progress.

On Thursday I got a good first hand look at the ER. Although I've never been allergic to anything in the past, I managed to get a severe allergic reaction to possibly an ant bite (I've been bitten before and never had anything like that happen though-it's just the only thing that was different about the day) I had dropped Lexi off at preschool, and on my drive home my hands and arms were really itchy, and by the time I got home everything from the waist up was itchy and covered in hives. When the hives turned into puffy welts, I took off for the ER.

In the 5 mins it took me to drive across the street and walk in the door my head was totally spinning and my chest was tight and I nearly passed out on their floor. It was pretty scary for me, but they got in an IV with Benadryl really fast and 30 mins later I was back to normal.

Normal meaning I was contracting every 5 mins-so of course they sent me up to L&D which got all excited about the contractions and wanted me to hang out. I told them to forget it, I was there for 2 days with these kind of contractions a few weeks ago, and I didn't have the time do it again, unless they'd break my water. They said they couldn't do that, but they needed me to stay for at least 2 hours, and if I didn't progress, they'd let me go. So I watched an episode of Law & Order, and surprise surprise when the nurse came back I was still contracting and hadn't budged a centimeter, so off I went.

I'm really giving the insurance a work out this month! So those were the events this week, hopefully we'll have the final event this upcoming week. We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Wow! That's crazy! Good luck with everything and the new little one! I hope she comes soon.