Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Life at the Hall house

Life continues on schedule at the Hall house. Here are some pictures of what we've been up to.



Brooklynn is having more and more awake time, it's been fun! We went to dinner at Chili's and she hung out with Dad, drooling over his food.


We met the Barlow family the week we moved into our new ward, they have since become our best Austin friends. Lonna, the kids, and I headed down to Zilker park to ride the Zilker Zepher, it was a great time.

Lexi and Gwen trying out these seats...the train doubled as a jungle gym before we finally set off.


After the Zilker Zepher we ate lunch at a place called P.Terry's, yummy burger joint. They had a sand pit for the kids to amuse themselves with.


In case you don't know me, I should just confess right now that I hate most home improvement projects. They are messy, expensive, and time consuming. I think perhaps I just don't have the imagination to focus on the finished product. Matt doesn't shy away from them though. Ever since we moved in, he has been itching to paint and redo the kitchen, among other things. He decided to paint the bathroom on Saturday, and Lexi helped out! It was fun for them, and I hid in the other room. And it looks awesome, as Matt always promises it will :)


One of our favorite things to do in Salt Lake was go to the Hogle Zoo, and even though the Waco Zoo is over an hour away, we still got a membership and plan on hitting it up regularly. This is Lexi's impersonation of a tiger giving herself a bath.


And here is her flamingo, this picture totally cracks me up.


Riding the komodo dragon.


Brooklynn taking a load off. This is her gorgeous quilt that Grammi made for her, as well as the darling little dress Aunt Tamara sent. Her family keeps her looking cute as can be!

In other news I want to give a big shout out to my sister Amanda who got engaged this week to Kyler. Congrats you two! I can't wait for the big day. And also to Lisa & Adam (Matt's bro and his wife), who welcomed Rebecca Marie to their family on Saturday. She is just as cute as she can be, and I know our girls are gonna love being cousins! That's baby #3 of an expected 4 this year for the Hall boys. Both of our families keep stretching and we're loving each and every one of the new additions.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fabulous post. I am still laughing at Lexi's animal imitations.

Lynnie said...

Hey look at me! I read your blog- Keeping up with the Hall's news:)Love all the photos, especially the ones of Lexi's impressions. She is still as cute as a bug and full of life!I hope you will always consider us your best Salt Lake friends ;)

KatieDid said...

Thanks for all the news and pics.
Love to see how you're girls are growing up! love from Grammi!!

KatieDid said...

I want to go to Waco Zoo next time I visit!!

Lonna said...

Oh the Waco zoo. I do like that place. I also LOVE to ride the train at Zilker. Glad to hear that it is official that we are friends. I was getting a little worried.

I think that Lexi is a wonderful animal impersonator, I think that she also has an amazing "roar" to go with that tiger bath.

Congrats on the finished bathroom, I know that I always have a great sigh of relief when we finish a project and it turns out alright. Way to keep busy, sounds like you are about ready for a vacation.

Tamara said...

She looks so adorable in the dress......love it!!