Between his school & work, my work, our callings, and our kids we are BUSY BUSY BUSY. And yet he still finds time to stop and enjoy life.
When we were living in our first apartment some neighbors were moving out and getting rid of their fish tank. We took it off their hands and Matt recently resurrected it from the garage and we got new pets. It has been a wonderful addition for Lexi, and I'm not sure which one of them gets more excited about picking out a new fish from the pet store. Lexi has even gone so far as to say she wants to work at the pet store when she grows up.
This corner of the house was bare when we moved in, and Matt decided we needed a climbing vine there. He has loved watching it grow, and is excited that it is blooming lots of beautiful yellow flowers.
Even though I was working like a mad women last weekend, Matt decided to build and plant a vegetable garden with the girls. He took them to Home Depot, bought the supplies, built the boxes, and planted tomatoes, peppers, onions, carrots, and a few others.
Alexis had her Valentine's party a school a couple weeks ago, and even though it's a bit of a drive, and a small class, Matt drove up to be a part of it.He isn't in this picture but it's a fun one of all the kids. They even made room for Brooklynn to sit and hang out too.
Matt is really a neat guy, and I have loved seeing all his interests and the different things he finds enjoyment with. As I'm reminded regularly, I'm a lucky girl! I love you Matt!
3 comments:
What an EXCELLENT post.
What an excellent dude. -MH
Thanks for sharing such great
stuff about Matt. It made me
smile very big! I see Matt's
happy with himself, :)
Post a Comment